We then went to Tagu for our night Bible study. We split up the children and the adults again. This went great! The children were so glad that we were there, and the adults stayed and listened to the whole Bible study at the bottom of the hill. We shared several Bible stories, songs, and testimonies. Our prayer is that seeds are planted and that hopefully a leader will step up in that village to continue on with the Bible studies.Tomorrow is our last day on the field. What an eventful ride this past month has been. I can not believe tomorrow will be my last day here with tthe Roma. It really kills me to think about leaving them. I love it here. I love the people here. They need so many things physically like food, clothes, shelter, and medicine. Most of all though, they need things spiritually. They need to hear more of God. They need Bibles. They need a church. Please pray for tomorrow, that we do everything God wants us to do. This may be the last chance a lot of them hear the gospel, and I pray that God would speak to all of them and that they would answer. I am looking forward to sharing with you about the last day of our trip! Peace and love!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Thursday (Week 3)
God calls us to be servants. :) Why God has allowed me to be apart of His work in Romania... I will never know. I just know that I am so incredibly thankful for being a part of what He is doing here. Today we went out for our morning camps. We taught about Jesus calming the sea. The people again loved hearing the story and could answer any question about it. Today we got to be a part of something amazing though. We actually washed the feet of those in the vilages. We took on the role as servants for them and washed all of their feet. If you know anything about these people and their living conditions then you know that their feet were very dirty. I got so much joy out of washing their feet though. They were so happy, and they couldn't believe why Americans would come all this way just to wash their feet. We got to spend this special time with them washing their feet and praying with each of them. After everyone had their feet washed we decided to paint the girl's fingernails and toenails. I have never seen so many girls so excited to have this done. They LOVED it! They felt BEAUTIFUL!! Words can't explain how special of a moment this was for me. Their faces were all happy, and they loved it so much. Some people may wonder what that has to do with sharing about Jesus. We are here to love the gypsies, and I know without a doubt that we loved them today. We shared Jesus with them, prayed with them, washed their feet, and made them feel special even for just a moment. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Here are a few pictures from today's camp:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment