Saturday, June 5, 2010

He has perfect timing

So… this summer is my first summer since 2005 that I will not be able to go to my gypsy families in Romania. God knew that I would be missing it more than ever, but He also knew that He can use this summer as a way for me to grow and pray even more over the Roma people. As I have heard about several group growing to Romania and other parts of the world my heart gets so excited for them. Not only for them because of where they are going, but also because I know God WILL change their hearts while they are there as well as the people they minister to.

I have “googled” and “youtubed” all I can about Romania, only because I am THAT crazy about that country and the people there. Honestly, I have been trying to find a weekend or a few days to go ANYWHERE on the international mission field. My parents probably think I am insane. No need to fear though….God knew my heart’s desire, but He also knew that I needed to be here this summer. He has PERFECT timing.

This week I have been surrounded by stories of amazing things God is doing around the world. One of my biggest struggles is that I tend to see past the mission field that I have here and focus on the next mission field that I can go to. As I heard about these stories I started to pray for the different religions of the world and that God’s name would be proclaimed and seen as faithful over them all! THE NEXT DAY…I met a little 6 year old girl who was my neighbor. Her name is Zehra. I didn’t know if she spoke English, but I wanted to talk to her. She was so sweet and a little shy. I asked her where her family was from (meaning the country) and she pointed to their front door. :) HA! Loved it! Clearly I needed to be more descriptive.

The next night I went to eat with three of my sweet, sweet friends. I told them at dinner about the girl and her family. After dinner, Amy brought me back home and the girl and her whole family was outside. I went and introduced myself to them, and the lady was so incredibly precious. Her name is Hulya- a form of Julia. Her daughter is Zerah, and her son is Mehmeh tsia. The father did not speak to me, but he did wave as they were leaving. A friend and I decided it could be a cultural thing for him, so we will see.

As I talked to the lady she informed me that…. they are from TURKEY! Selfishly I was more excited because Turkey is just across the Black Sea from Romania. Now, I am more excited, because I have Turkish people living beside me and I, for whatever reason, find that so interesting!!! I can’t wait to get to know them better! God has brought the ‘international’ mission field right to my front door, and I am SO SO SO excited!! I can’t wait to share about their culture, food, language, and most importantly about GOD! I am looking forward to getting to know this sweet family that God, no doubt, placed right next door to me!! I do not deserve this wonderful opportunity, and I know that it is ONLY by God’s grace that I am apart of His plan. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool, Lauren... and so wise of you! I've wondered so many times, if that by complaining to God about Him not putting me over seas RIGHT NOW, I've been blinded by my complaints and missed the times that He's brought the international mission field TO me (instead of me to it). Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete