Thursday, June 17, 2010

Turkey

After my day at the park with my neighbors God has blessed me with more wonderful times with them. I believe this is an answer to prayer. When I first met them and realized that they may not be here much longer and that I am moving soon too, I thought that it may not be long enough to really build a friendship and get to know them. Well, God showed me!

Since the day at the park, I have had several Turkish snacks. I think Daniel and I started it by taking chocolate chip cookies over one night. When we took them over there, they expected us to stay. Another wonderful night at their house getting to know them even more. This time I had my best friend with me, which made it an even better experience. One thing I have noticed for sure is they are incredibly hospitable! They love talking and spending time together. At times I can’t due to time, but when I have the chance I love talking with them. When Daniel and I took the cookies I think we ended up staying for several hours. She made us coffee and cut up tons of fruit. Apparently when you receive a dish of snacks/food, you can never return it empty. So, we have played a fun game of pass the food. It has been such a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment