Sunday, July 19, 2009

Down Day before a busy week

Today was a down day to get everything ready for the next group. We had a lot to do though, and not too much time to do it in.We spent most of the day running errands and getting everything set up for the upcoming week. During the evening we started to kind of wind down and relax. We played a lot of card games. We taught the translators "Spoons", and they loved it! It was just a great time to kind of relax and prepare for the next week. In the middle of the chaos and running around, Daniel Byrd gets a phone call. One of our translators and friends from the previous week had been taken into the hospital for stomach pain. This was scary for more than one reason. One, he had an unexplained pain. Two, they decided to immediately take him into surgery. Three, he is Roma/gypsy and they do not always receive the kind of care that they need and deserve. We had a prayed time for him during his surgery. We finally got word that he was out of surgery, and everything had gone well. Just a hint for the future, don't swallow watermelon seeds, because they can get stuck and have to be surgically removed. Anyways, praise the Lord that he made it through and all things are fine now. The other groups made it in. One came in at 10 pm and the other at 3 am. It was a long day! One other thing that I want to write about just because I am trying to be more transparent to everyone. Have you ever judged someone before knowing them? I made that mistake within the past few days. I came in with a preconceived idea, and God showed me how completely wrong I was in that. God basically slapped me in the face to make me realize what a blessing people can be as long as I am not judging them at first. I wonder how many amazing people I have failed to meet or give a chance to only because I had an idea about them already formed in my mind. What can I say?! I am a work in progress! I am thankful that God showed me who this person really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment