Saturday, August 8, 2009

Never "goodbye", just "see you soon"

I LOVE these people!!I consider it such a blessing that God allowed me to serve alongside of them.

I am not good at saying goodbye. I hate it actually. How do you say goodbye to people who have meant so much to you over the past three weeks? I know it seems like you can't get close to people that soon, but you can. The circumstances we are in while in Romania we can't help but get close to each other. We are united in Christ, all serving God, growing in Christ, praying with and for each other, and spending all of our time together. The translators and missionary are all a part of my family. I could never tell them goodbye for good. I know that if I don't see them on earth, that we will all be together for eternity in heaven. What a reunion that will be!!!!! We made so may memories last night just acting like kids playing their Romanian kid games, and we taught them some of our American games. We could have stayed up laughing and playing as a group the whole night. It was a great way to end the week with them. This morning they all surprised us when they all came to the airport with us to see us off. After lots of hugs and tears, they had to leave. I'll never forget Ana Maria yelling, "goodbye my gypsy sister" across the airport to me. :) My brothers and sisters mean the world to me. I couldn't have made it through the past three weeks without them. They are so special to me and the whole team. If I could, I would bring them to the states to live with me. They are just wonderful people who have dedicated their life to serving God. I know you may not know these people personally, but please pray for them.

Tabita, Ana Maria and Abel- part of the FARM team and AMAZING people

Alex and I- This was his first year translating. He was supposed to translate for 3 days, but he loved it so much that he begged his parents and stayed for 3 weeks!!



Me and the Mihais. The one on the left I have had the chance to see grow up. He is a youth from Camarasu and was there my very first year. He now speaks fluent english and was able to be a translator for three weeks. The Mihai on the right is a part of FARM. This was his second year to translate tfor us.


Last but not least, Daniel Byrd and I. I consider him a part of my family. His life is an encouragement to all those who have been a part of it.


After our sad "see you later" 's we headed off to Munich, Germany. The way our flights were we had to stay a night in Germany. This was a great time for us to just hang out as a team a little bit before heading home. We went out and explored the city together, and spent the afternoon talking about the past week's work in Romania. It was a great way to end a week of hard work and ministry.

At the top of the bell tower in Munich, Germany. Isn't it beautiful?!



God proved that He can use us as missionaries ANYWHERE in the world though. God provided several members of our team an opportunity to stand up for Him and spread His word. On the train several people faced strong opposition from atheists. They continued to use profanity against God and those who believed in Him. It was a challenge for our group to face, but it just reminded us that we are strangers on this earth. We are only here for a short time, and our job no matter where we are is to share about Jesus. Thank you God for the opportunities you have given us. You are AMAZING!






No comments:

Post a Comment