Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4 hours of church?!?!

A lot of people are shocked when they find out that in Romania you go to church at least 3, if not 4 hours. I have gotten quite used to it when I come here. What would we do in America if we had one WHOLE hour of just prayer, then one WHOLE hour of music, and one WHOLE hour of sermons/preaching? I think we wouldn't have as many people in church today. I also think that the worship would be amazing. Think of how strong the faith is of these church members. I think it is something beautiful. It is beautiful that these people really do love the Lord. They could stay in that church all day. Is it comfortable? No, not really. We sit on benches. There is no air conditioner. We can't open the windows there. If there is anything I have learned...it is get the seat by the wall. I say all of these things because it is what I initially thought my first time here. It is what I usually hear when Americans find out how their church services go here. Until you have sat in one of these services though, then you can not really fathom the beauty in it all. We have Americans, Romanians, AND gypsies(which is unheard of here) all together in ONE house... God's house. We don't speak the same languages, but we are all praising God. So, no matter what kind of church I am used to or what complaints people have, I see it truly as a blessing to be able to worship and pray with these people. There is NO doubt in my mind that God shows up everytime. Theire faith is strong, and it encourages me so much. Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment