Sunday, July 12, 2009

I made it to Romania!

So... I know this is several days late, but I did make it to Romania. It was a great trip. My first flight was delayed for over an hour, which of course caused me to worry. When will I ever learn that God has everything in control? I thankfully sat by the sweetest lady who lives in Birmingham. She helped me figure out who to talk to and what about in case I missed any of my nxt flights. She knew I was kind of worried about missing them on my first alone trip overseas. In my worries, God had a plan for the delayed flights. Due to the delayed flights, I made all of my other ones in perfect timing. Instead of having long lay overs by myself, I got to spend an hour of that time talking to the nice lady on the plane. It was such a blessing. Each of my flights I got to right on time. I was actually excited about my long flight. I kept thinking that I wanted to meet people on the airplane. I was so excited! I sat by a lady who only spoke German. She could say doctor, baby, no english. It was wonderful! We both tried to communicate the whole trip. She was so funny! Even though we didn't speak the same language, we both enjoyed sitting beside each other. For my last flight, I ran into another mission team going to another part of Romania. They were from Georgia- Bull Dog fans. I gave them a WAR EAGLE, and we sat and talked until the plane left. I love how God put people in my path the whole way there. God is good! I finally made it to Romania. The missionary, Daniel Byrd was there to pick me up. We went around town picking up things for the team before they got here. By the end of the day, I was exhausted! The internet is not available here like last year. I will write more when I can! Be blessed

3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it! We'll be keeping up with you via the blog - I love these!!
    Blessings and love
    T Bain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're there safely! And I'm also very thankful for your conversations on your flights! :)
    That's too funny that you saw UGA people! Last year when we went to Honduras we ran into part of the UGA football team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! Everything is still going great here! I will continue to update the blog as often as I can!

    ReplyDelete