Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How boring would life be if God didn't allow for a little excitement and adventure?!

I finally have all of my ducks in a row. My apartment is mostly back to normal. I am finally packed. I have all of my forms signed. All of my money has been paid. I am ready to go! I have been running around all day just making sure that everything is just right before I leave for the month. If you know me, then you know I like to have everything finished and out of my way before I leave on trips. I am very much a planner, and I want everything marked off of my to-do list. Everything seems perfect for me to leave Thursday. I am sure God was smiling when He saw that I thought that I had gotten everything together on my own. He knew better. He knew that my planning would only get in the way of me making sure this whole trip is about HIM! So what does He do? He allows for some adventure to come up. I was looking at my e-ticket for my flights. Everything looked great. I went online just to double check my flight status information. Well, that's when I noticed something wrong. Let me post what my flight info. said and let you try to figure this out. Remember that I am SUPPOSED to go on the 9th to bhm-north carolina-munich-cluj (landing in cluj on the 10th). Well, when I logged on...this is what I see:


1:00 PM 09 Jul 2009 Birmingham, AL - 3:17 PM 09 Jul 2009 Charlotte, NC
Meal: None Travel Time: 1 h 17 m

5:25 PM 09 Jul 2009 Charlotte, NC- 8:10 AM 10 Jul 2009 Munich, Germany
Meal: None Travel Time: 8 h 45 m

9:25 AM 10 Jul 2009 Munich, Germany - 12:00 PM 10 Jul 2009 ,
Meal: None Travel Time: 11 h 35 m


5:25 PM 10 Jul 2009 Charlotte, NC- 8:10 AM 11 Jul 2009 Munich, Germany
Meal: None Travel Time: 8 h 45 m

9:25 AM 11 Jul 2009 Munich, Germany- 12:00 PM 11 Jul 2009 ,
Meal: None Travel Time: 11 h 35 m

OK, so that is for my flight there. First of all, I am supposed to be taking THREE flights to get to Romania. I see FIVE. Second of all, it seems all good to Germany. Then, when I get to Germany it says I am on a plane with NO desitnation for 11 hours. Romania is only 3 hours away from Germany. Why isn't there an airport/destination listed? Thirdly, right after my German flight to no where, my next flight has me going from North Carolina to Germany to no where again the very next day.
So, me being my normal self and trying to fix things I start calling the travel agency and everyone else. I want it all fixed right NOW! I couldn't get in touch with anyone, and they are supossed to call me tomorrow.
During all of this worrying and trying to fix things MYSELF, I hear God telling me not to be anxious and not to worry about tomorrow. He already has it worked out and planned. Why in the world should I be worrying? The God who created the universe is in control. Thankfully, this is one of the lessons that we are going to be sharing in Romania. We are going to talk about how God will surely take care of us since He takes care of things like the flowers and the birds.
God hears my prayer. He knows all of the plans for my future. So, as of now, I am not worrying about when my flights are or how it is going to get fixed. I am just simply handing it over to God, and I am going to watch His percfect plan unfold. I can't wait to share on here what all happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment