Sunday, July 5, 2009

Four Days...

So, I am on the count down. I leave Thursday, and I couldn't be more excited! Today Dad and I were commissioned at SBC. This again, is just a huge reminder of the faithful people behind the scenes of this mission trip. I received so many encouraging words, and I know that there will be a huge team of church family praying constantly for Romania.

Before I go, I want to share with you a picture from last summer. As you may know, all of these kids mean the world to me. The ones in the picture below are from the village that I have worked with for the past four years. It has been amazing to see these children grow physically and spiritually.

The girl on the left, her name is Sabrina. If I have ever talked about Romania to you, then I have most likely talked about Sabrina. I know that I do not have children of my own yet, but I can't help but feel motherly to this beautiful young girl. She comes from a homelife that I'm not sure any American can relate to. Not to say that some children don't have it bad here, because they DO! It is just the stuff she has gone through and has had to deal with, my mind will never comprehend. I love her dearly though, and just to see her for one day to check on her and talk to her would be worth all of the money and time going to Romania. I would do it every day if I could. Praise the Lord though that she loves Jesus, so no matter when my last time to see her on earth may be... I always get to look forward to seeing her in heaven! It is such an amazing feeling!
Next, the boy right above me, his name is Florin. I have also had the chance to see him grow over the past four years. This past winter when we went to Romania it was FREEZING cold... something us Alabamians couldn't understand. I'm telling you... it was COLD! Well, Florin opened up his home for us to lead Bible studies in with the youth there. Without his house, we may not have had a nice warm home to have these discipleship times. Praise the Lord that he opened his home up to us though, because we had so many youth there that we almost didn't have enough room. It just reminded me how thirsty these youth are to hear God's Word. He has been such a blessing, and I always look forward to seeing him and hanging out from him.
The next girl is Betty. I remember her from my very first year in Camarasu. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl. Sadly, I do not know where she stands with the Lord. She would always come out for the activities and crafts, but during Bible studies she was never around. I ask that you please pray for Betty specifically as we go over this year. I want to know where she stands and know that she has been told the story of Jesus.
Lastly, Alin. This boy is hillarious! He has been helpful in so many ways over the past few years. I remember my first trip there that he was the only one who would pray in front of the group. I couldn't understand Romanian, but his words were so powerful. From the first year when he would pray aloud for everyone to now, he has grown so much. This past summer he even tried to help translate a little. His English was MUCH better than my Romanian, although he disagrees. He pretends not to speak or understand english... don't be fooled though. He understands a whole lot more than he lets on. :)This boy is on fire for God, and I pray that he will become a leader and role model for the other youth in his village.

I just wanted to give you faces and names specifically before I went over to Romania. I look forward to updating this once I get there in order to tell you exactly how each of these youth are doing! They can make a huge impact on so many lives!!

I pray that this becomes an encouragement in their lives as it has been for me:

1 Timothy 4:12

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment