Monday, July 27, 2009

Wednesday (Week 2)

This mission trip is going by way too fast! I love these people. I am kind of selfishly hoping my passport walks away on its own, so that I have to stay here for a while longer. Today we went back to Sambole. The kids were again in a straight line waiting for us to get to the bottom of the hill before grabbing hands. We played games and sang again. It was neat to see how our team worked together this week. We each had our own gifts, and I could see God using each of us. Jane has a gift with talking to the adults. She sat on the tarp and just made a connection with them and built relationships with them. Some of the guys were gifted with the kids. They could take them to the side and play ball with them if they were ever being a distration during Bible study. This allowed for the ones who wanted to sit and listen to the stories. Others had the gift of teaching and singing. It was just amazing to see how God perfectly planned out our team to work together for His work. We had a great time in Sambole, and I can feel our relationships growing there. I can't wait to see what God does there! As for the youth rally, we didn't have it at the church. Things just didn't work out how WE wanted it to, but I am sure it worked out how God wanted it to. We had the rally outside at Camarasu. We knew it would be harder to keep their attention, but we didn't think it would be too hard. We divided up our team, and several took the young kids to sing songs and share Bible stories while others led the youth rally. The youth rally ended up getting out of hand with different things going on around in the village. We had to cancel about halfway through and leave. This breaks my heart because Camarasu is my baby! These are the kids that I have seen grow in the past five years. Please continue praying for them, because there is obvious spiritual warfare going on there. There are very few believers for the amount of people there. They have such a passion for the people there to become believers, but the way the village has been reacting the past two weeks shows that there are struggles there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue praying for them! Peace and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment